‘What’s the Word’
(Point and Line – Design Problem )
I will assign you a word that has no obvious reference. Use what you have read in your reading on ‘points and lines’ to construct the word in an emphatic, expressive way. Use Photoshop plus any images from the net to support your design. Remember, this design problem is all about how you make the viewer understand your word from a visual level, not a textual one.
envy, passion, stress, love, lust, pain, anger, jealousy, devotion, complexity, high, low, hate, infection, disease, hip-hop, hero, lucky, dizzy
The Design Process
- Identify the problem or question to be solved
- Think about the problem
- Break large problems into smaller problems
- Research: Collect information, talk, experiment and look around.
- Gather your ideas
- Include details, be specific (e.g. not “tall” but “must be 6 feet tall”
- Sift through your ideas, develop a solution
- Make/Do: complete your project