Stop Motion Animation has been a part of my life forever…
You can do SO much with SO little.
Well, now it’s your turn.
Produce a 60 to 90-second stop-motion video… sound simple???… it’s not going to be. This is work and will take TIME. for each second you will need at least 12 pictures (24 is way better).
You will need to develop:
- an idea,
- make the set,
- light the production,
- have both title and ending graphics
You can make it simple with drawn-out stick figures to whatever your imagination comes up with. In fact, you could use anything you want as it does not have to be ‘humanoid character’ based… it could be anything from a Hotwheels car, an apple… or even a piece of material… You just have to ‘breath’ life into it!
Things to think about:
- Your Idea/story/plot or even an emotion
- Develop a character or have an object
- Think about a setting/location and build a set
- Voice/speech or soundtrack
- Storyboard your Idea and Upload it to Teams (template_strybrd_8panels-download.doc)
- Download Stop Motion factory to your Android phone, iPhone, or iPad https://www.cateater.com/try.html
- We will have both rooms, 303b and 301, to use.
Assignment 1. Plot/story line. One detailed paragraph
Assignment 2. Storyboard
Assignment 3. Completed project.
(all assignments will be submitted on Teams)
BUT FIRST! I want you to play/learn the program.
Primer Project for Stop Motion Video
- Learn/make a 10-second stop motion film.
- Groups of two/
- Athree and make a simple SM video
- You will get ONE class to do this.
- you will need to download
- Stop Motion factory to your Android phone, iPhone, or iPad https://www.cateater.com/try.html
Here’s my first attempt using Stop motion Studio
Here are some examples:
Let’s go from drawn stick figures to full-on. puppets and everything in between
As we have just seen you can use anything to make playful, effective, stop-motion videos. But How do you do it??? In the next section, I have compiled a few videos to help you.
- How to use Stop Motion Studio
- How to make SM video:
- How to storyboard
- How to light your animation project:
- Apps for your phone??
- How to make an Animation rig:
- How to Make Puppets:
How to make Stopmotion animation?
How to use Stop Motion Studio:
Here are some ‘How to’ videos.
How to light your animation project:
(Start video at 6:30)
Apps for your phone??
For iPhone oriPad
How to build an Animation rig:
(Yes! I have a bunch already!!!)
How to Make Puppets:
You have 8 days… RUN!