Over the last few Pandemic months, many of us have sunk into our heads to ponder school, the future, and really what are we doing withour lives…
Anxiety, fear, boredom, sadness, anger are just a few emotions that have crossed my mind… but also thoughts of a small cabin by a lake, a dog to call my own, learning how to sail…
How can I express this visually?
a sequence of real or imaginary images like those seen in a dream.“what happened next was a phantasmagoria of horror and mystery”Definitions from Oxford Languages
In this Photoshop project, I want you to use the skills and techniques you have learned to develop an image of what on your mind.
- Step 1: Set up your file. CMYK 11×17″
- Step 2: Write out what you’re going to do and how. I’d love a bit of why! Also, please list the techniques you think you will be using. THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! YOU CAN’T WING IT!
- Step 3: Take a pic of your head and neck in full colour. We can use the JO lighting room and Lights to get a great pic!!! Think about what you’re wearing!
- Step 4: Take or collect source images from which your image will be built
- Step 5: *IMPORTANT* you have to ensure that all your added images are CMYK at 300DPI!!!
- Step 6: Work Baby Work!
- Step 7: If in doubt send me a pic and ask for some feedback!!!
- Step 8: Submit a Low res (100 dpi sm pic) of you source materials Example Below
- Step 9: Save a .PDF file of your Finished projects and upload it to teams. (Please note: When saving a .PDF that if you are asked if you want to Embed filed say Yes)
Things that will help you with the project:
Please note that while I am showing you BEAUTIFUL Dubel exposure images, what I am really looking for is for you to build an image out of multiple images and then blend it into your own image.
Here are some examples of Double exposure images to start you thinking:
PLEASE KNOW that the below photos are here to give you some ideas of working with Photoshop feature but do not work well for this project as they are TOO SIMPLE!!!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
JO Student Gallery
More Images by Brunovsky