Please finish reading of chapter 4.
Be sure you have completed pages 2-4 in the workbook. Know the function(s) and characteristics of the nucleus (4 – 5 points). Finish the cell structure handout.
Finish the mitosis handout and hand in at the start of next class.
Finish reading chapter 4 (cell membrane) and work on the review (included at the back of the cell membrane notes).
Finish the microscopy lab (letter “e”), including all calculations and lab questions. Study for the test.
Finish the starch/iodine lab by completing these questions: Questions Starch Iodine Lab
Study for test 15/16 October
Study for test on 15/16 October.
Finish the microscope drawing and include all the needed information. Be sure all calculations are on the back of the page. Information from the overhead projector today:
- clear bench, clear aisles
- have pencil, eraser, unlined paper on bench; have “proper use” page out on bench
- pick up microscope and slide
- follow proper procedure to find a suitable cell to draw, use medium or high power
- set up paper as per sample (front board)
- draw carefully and in detail
- identify the cell cycle stage depicted; your title will be based on this (eg. “Allium cell during anaphase”)
- using your knowledge of mitosis/cell cycle, label the drawing appropriately (use a ruler and align all the wording outside the circle in a neat column)
- do not add detail that you cannot see through the microscope
- on the back of the sheet, record the power and the number of times the specimen fits across the field of view (determined while looking through the microscope) and use this to do you calculations later
Be able to explain diffusion, osmosis, facilitated transport, and active transport. Which of these processes require energy?
Study for test on Monday/Tuesday 15/16 Oct.
Read p. 122 – 123 and write the function of the nucleus. Be sure you have completed all the previous homework. See previous blog posts.
Study for test (15/16 Oct – see earlier blog post). Read chapter 4 and work on biol. mols. review.