Continue sketching plant anatomy and making observations. Read the section on plants in the textbook.
Be sure you can answer all 8 questions that we covered in class (jigsaw activity):
- When/where on Earth did multicellular plants evolve? What was the Earth like then? What was the atmosphere like?
- By what process do plants obtain food? Be able to explain the process briefly.
- What green (usually) compound is required for the process in #2 to occur?
- What waste(s) are given off by plants as a byproduct of the process in #2?
- List examples of organs of reproduction in plants.
- What conditions affect land plants that are not encountered by aquatic plants?
- What is the function of roots?
- What is the function of leaves?
Read sections 10.1 and 10.2 and work on the handout (What I know and What I would like to know).
Read the section on earthquakes in the textbook. Do Activity 12-2C for next class. Finish the Depth of Focus activity for next class.
Work on the reading of 3-2 in textbook and section 3-2 in workbook.
Complete the handouts given in class.
Read textbook sections 31-2, 32-1 to 32-3 and pay special attention to the amphibians in preparation for the frog lab. Read the frog lab handout as well.
Be sure that the recent assignments have been submitted (perch lab, respiration investigation, chordate questions and parasitic worms chart).
Research biogeochemical cycles:
- What are biogeochemical cycles?
- How do weathering, outgassing, photosynthesis and respiration interact in the cycling of carbon?
- Hand-draw a labelled diagram showing the processes influencing the carbon, nitrogen, phosphorus and oxygen cycles.
Please read the textbook sections on Porifera, Cnidaria, Platyhelminthes, Nematoda and Chordata. Work on the crossword and the animals questions (not for handing in).
Read sections 10.1 and 10.2. Make note of the following terms/concepts: Kinetic molecular theory, temperature, thermal energy, conduction, convection, radiation, heat, density, volume. Finish Activity 10-1A lab write up (one per group).
Work on the periodic table handout given in class. Read section 2.2 and 2.3 in the textbook and do 2.2 and 2.3 in the workbook.
Work on the periodic table handout given in class. Be sure you have completed Activity 2-2B and 2-1 in the workbook. These were assigned 2 classes ago.