Human Books Worksheet can be completed and submitted, if you haven’t already done so.
If you did not turn in, or were absent for, the cell respiration poster assignment, you may do an alternative assignment consisting of a “mini poster” (8.5″ X 11″ letter or 8.5″ X 14″ legal-sized paper) illustrating the 4 phases (glycolysis, transition reaction, citric acid cycle, and ETC), neatly labelled, and in the order that they occur.
Enzymes Review can be completed an submitted if you did not do so.
Please complete Anaerobic respiration questions if you haven’t done so. They are:
- Write a summary equation for cellular respiration (balanced)
- What are the stages of aerobic respiration?
- What are the major differences between aerobic respiration and fermentation?
- What is the significance of NAD+ in fermentation and aerobic cellular respiration?
- Why do organisms undergo fermentation in the absence of oxygen?
Be sure you have read chapter 14 (digestion).
Work on the first mini case study.
Read 17-1 in the textbook, Viruses.
Continue reading chapter 14. Read and answer the questions for Mini Case #1 handed out in class.
Do the practice questions on p. 86 and 87 in the textbook. Finish the handout if you did not hand it in in class.
Complete pages 59-60 in workbook. Finish the practice questions below:
Write the formula for the following:
- Na+1 and O-2
- Sc+3 and Cl-1
- Na+1 and P-3
- Be+2 and F-1
- Ca+2 and O-2
Complete the case study on p. 366 in textbook.
Finish the reading of 17-2 in the text, and begin reading 17-1 (viruses).
Continue reading chapter 14 on digestion.