Have a restful and safe winter break.
Mid year exam will be on chapters 1, 5, 9, 10, 13-15, 17 plus safety and scientific method.
Meet in the learning commons next class (Monday). Remaining presentations will be done.
Test on chemistry – Wednesday, 14 Dec 2016. Be sure you are reviewing from the text and remember that you can attend tutor club Tuesdays and Thursdays after school. Let me know if you need extra help.
Work on your studying for the test on Wednesday, 14 December and 13 December (period 1-4) (reproduction). Be sure you can answer/explain the following (from your course summary handout):
- How do cells multiply?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of asexual and sexual reproduction?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of internal and external fertilization?
- Explain/describe the following:
- asexual reproduction – mitosis
- asexual reproduction – 7 other forms
- sexual reproduction – meiosis
- sexual reproduction – human
Finish the two acids and bases questions sets. We will have some mock questions to test your knowledge next class and we will continue with presentations.
Read 215 – 216 in text. Continue working on Analyzing Genetic Data questions. Read parts 4 and 5 in the case study and try to answer the questions (not for handing in but we will discuss them).
2-3: finish the activity on p. 242 in the textbook.
Read 6.3 in text and do 6.3 in workbook.