Continue sketching plant anatomy and making observations. Read the section on plants in the textbook.
Be sure you can answer all 8 questions that we covered in class (jigsaw activity):
- When/where on Earth did multicellular plants evolve? What was the Earth like then? What was the atmosphere like?
- By what process do plants obtain food? Be able to explain the process briefly.
- What green (usually) compound is required for the process in #2 to occur?
- What waste(s) are given off by plants as a byproduct of the process in #2?
- List examples of organs of reproduction in plants.
- What conditions affect land plants that are not encountered by aquatic plants?
- What is the function of roots?
- What is the function of leaves?