No Test next week.
Read the appropriate text and workbook sections on Kingdom Monera.
Blocks 2-1 and 2-2:
Jigsaw activity: Be sure you have all the information gathered on the following questions:
Coral Reef –Kingdom Monera questions
- What does it mean to be prokaryotic? Explain the characteristics of the eubacteria, cyanobacteria, and archaebacterial.
- How are prokaryotes different from eukaryotes?
- How are prokaryotes and eukaryotes interdependent in the coral reef ecosystem? Give an example.
- What are the general characteristics of the members of Kingdom Monera?
- Are humans involved in any symbiotic relationships with Monerans? If yes, give examples.
- What are the different cell shapes and arrangements in Monerans?
- Draw and label a typical Moneran.