Finish the DNA review (last page of template notes) and the workbook unit C.
Refer to textbook chapters on DNA replication, transcription and translation as reference.
Complete the Cell Regulation handout.
Continue working on the Cell Regulation handout, DNA/Protein Synthesis review sheet, and workbook/textbook reading and questions practice.
Quiz next class on DNA as well as biological molecules and the case study on water (and all related questions).
Work on the DNA handout and continue reading the DNA sections in workbook and textbook and workbook.
Practice the questions in the workbook.
Begin reading the section on DNA in workbook and text.
The Case study on water and biological molecules you reviewed in class today is testable material.
Please complete the case study questions (you should have them copied from class today).
The following discussion questions will help you in answering the case questions.
1. Why is the water molecule polar?
2. What kind of intermolecular force is found among water molecules?
3. List the significance of four unique properties of water, and explain how they create an environment favourable for life.
4. Explain the difference between hydrolysis and dehydration reactions.
5. Compare briefly the significance of photosynthesis and respiration, and generally describe the organisms in which they are found.
6. Summarize the biological pathways available to glucose after being absorbed into the bloodstream.
You may complete these questions either in a group or individually. Remember that the value of the case study is working together to find solutions and/or answers to the problem. Be able to discuss the case and answers to the questions during a class discussion or answer them on a quiz.
Be sure you can answer the multiple choice questions at the end of Biological Molecules unit in workbook.
Also, do p. 13 questions 5, 7-10 in workbook.
Be sure you have completed the reading in the text on biological molecules.
Continue with your reading on Biological Molecules (Unit A in workbook as well as Ch. 2 in textbook).
Read and be able to answer the questions for Unit A in the workbook.
Answer the questions given in class on feedback loops:
Explain the following factors as they relate to feedback loops in homeostasis:
Afferent and efferent feedback loops
As always, please list references for any and all sources you use.
Finish the Homeostasis lab. Please follow these Lab Report Guidelines.
Safety test on Monday. Know safety symbols.
I will include questions from section B in workbook (cytology) and from Little Mito Case Study, as well as scientific method.