2250 West 10th Avenue
The first classes, with overflow students from King Edward, were held in Cecil Rhodes school in 1917, then in Hudson school in 1918, with a new building opening in January 1920. Kitsilano was named for Chief Khahtsahlano, hereditary chief of the Squamish nation.
Highlight and ‘left-click’ on this link to access a video tour of the original Kitsilano High School building:
The first building for the new school was constructed in 1920 at Trafalgar and 12th Avenue.
Kitsilano High School Boys Basketball Team (1926)
Kitsilano High School Boys Rugby Team (mid 1920s)
Kitsilano High School Band (1926)
Main school building under construction (1927)
Main school building (1930)
Senior Girls Grasshockey Team (1929-30)
Kitsilano Junior Girls Grass Hockey Team (1931)
Kitsilano Girls Track Team (1931)
Kitsilano Track Team (1931)
Kitsilano High School Boys Band (1928)
World Peace Pageant, held at Kitsilano High School (1932)
Kitsilano Senior Football Team (1943)
Connaught Park (1944) – Cadets representing many Vancouver high schools, on massed parade.
Students in their grad finery (1958)
Girls League, 1948
Main outside staircase and entrance to school, 1960
East outside staircase to school, 1956
Copyright © 2021 | MH Magazine WordPress Theme by MH Themes