John Oliver

Address: 530 East 41st

1921-present

Named for John Oliver (1856-1927), B.C. Premier. Originally built in the Municipality of South Vancouver as South Vancouver High, it was located in the old Selkirk building in the district of Cedar Cottage (about three miles from the present site.) It moved to the Fleming site, (then Gordon) in 1913, and to the present site in 1920.

john-oliver

Photo Credit – City of Vancouver Archives.

 

scan10646

 

scan10647

c8e677b0

Photo credit: City of Vancouver Archives.

 

c1f67614-6c13-4265

Photo credit: Vancouver City Archives.

 

c1ed24ad-dd6f-468

Photo credit: City of Vancouver Archives.

 

a977e0a0-04

Photo credit: City of Vancouver Archives.

 

24b76bbc-8bbc

Photo credit: City of Vancouver Archives.

 

7db7819a-b506-432

Photo credit: City of Vancouver Archives.

 

4faab347

Photo credit: City of Vancouver Archives.

 

scan10680

 

scan10661scan10652scan10653scan106691scan20145

scan201431scan201401scan201461scan20142scan10679scan11959scan20151scan20147scan20128scan20127scan20126scan20124scan201211scan106721scan10660scan10656scan10658scan10655

 

scan20136

 

save3468