Sir Matthew Begbie

Address 1430 Lillooet Street

1930 – present

Named for Sir Matthew Begbie (1819 – 1894), B.C.’s first chief judge of the united colony of British Columbia.  Replaced the Franklin Annex moving into a new building in September 1930.  The Little Old School Building was moved to the Norquay Annex grounds.

 

64f2d2aa-96d3-4124-bbb9-ad3c1e810c9e-a36471mathew-begbie-school1923

Photo credit: City of Vancouver Archives

 

20cbegbie1930

Photo credit: City of Vancouver Archives

 

matthewbegbie1930

Photo credit: City of Vancouver Archives

 

452begbie1930

Photo credit: City of Vancouver Archives

 

scan10084scan20503scan21382scan21380save2150save3458