Sir Guy Carleton

Address: 3250 Kingsway

1911-present

Named for Sir Guy Carleton (1724-1808), British Governor-in-Chief of British North America. Originally opened in the Municipality of South Vancouver in a storefront, the first building opening in 1896. Names were East Vancouver (1895), Collinwood Heights (1908), and Carleton (1911).

 

ch-heights-1912a

7399279carleton1898post

scannew30016aa1a

collingwood-heights-girls-ball-team-atascan10539aaf688c31f-e414-480f-b125-a6e0f15f9504-a1679219119princeofwalesatcarletonschool

Photo credit: City of Vancouver Archives

 

pofwalesatcarleton1919aq

Photo credit: City of Vancouver Archives

 

fdd10c5carletonschool1912a

Photo credit: City of Vancouver Archives

 

scan10540post

5da90945-59s

Photo credit: City of Vancouver Archives

 

scan10178a

scan10177

 

scan10176

b5eedbb8-cb80-479a-8553-352ca5a09a3c-a17003carletonschoolathleticclub1920

Date: 1947     Class photo – Teacher: R.A. Morrison. Photo donated by Mr. Ron Hyde.

 

save3489a

scan10521

scan10522save0211absave0137save0128save0124asave0125asave0121asave0112a

save0117a2post