Address: 960 East 39th Avenue
1909 – present
Named after Sir Alexander Mackenzie (1764-1820), Scottish explorer and fur trader.
Originally opened in the Municipality of South Vancouver in a vacant store at East 43rd Street and Fraser, with a new building opening in September of that year. Moved to 960 East 39th in 1930.
Photo credit: City of Vancouver Archives
Copyright © 2017 | MH Magazine WordPress Theme by MH Themes