Warming up with reading
It’s getting colder outside. The wind is blowing and the trees and plants are getting ready to sleep for the winter. What a great time to curl up in a comfy spot with an interesting book and a warm drink!
Warming up with reading can also mean that we are getting into our groove this school year. We got a little rusty, perhaps, with so long away from school but we are settling in to our routines now. A focus for students in all grades should be to try to make more time for reading.
Here are the categories for the November edition of our Reading Challenge:
- A book about or set during a war.
- A book by an indigenous author.
- A story with a main character who is a person of colour.
- At least three tales in a book of fairy tales
- A book with a one-word title.
Download your own copy of the challenge sheet below. Quilchena adults are encouraged to participate too!