2018-19 BLOCK CLUB EXECUTIVE
President: Natori Hulipas
Vice-President: Jamina Sawal
Secretary/Treasurer: Tia Jang
Boys Rep: Kemuel Balolong
Girls Rep: Janna Jamorabon
Mr. Don Jabillo, Ms. Kendall Matheson,
Mr. Pat Lee (Athletic Director)
JO’s BLOCK CLUB is one of the longest-serving of its kind in the province. The BLOCK CLUB’s focus includes participation in the school’s sports teams, exemplifying leadership and positive citizenship, fostering school spirit, and providing service and support to the overall JO Athletics Program.
A JO student is automatically enrolled in the BLOCK CLUB when they participate on one of the school’s sports teams, or provides volunteerism and service through activities like the Officials Club or assisting as a manager on a team. In other words, ALL JO student-athletes, managers, and officials are members of the BLOCK CLUB.
When the following levels of points are achieved, students receive their JO BLOCKS:
– 5 points: Small Block
– 10 points: Big Block
– 13 points: Big Block 1
– 16 points: Big Block 2
– 19 points: Big Block 3
* special pins (Gold, Silver, and Commemoratives) are also awarded to those students at graduation who have provided exemplary service to the BLOCK CLUB and John Oliver Athletics
One (1) point is awarded for participating on a recognized school sports team.
Partial points (0.5 up to 1) are awarded for service in the Officials Club and/or managing a team, at the discretion of the Officials Club Sponsor, team coach/sponsor, and/or Athletic Director.
0.5 points are awarded for participating in the indoor track meet in grade 8 and grade 9.
Additional points are also achieved through serving as part of the BLOCK CLUB Student Executive:
– President – leads the Block Club; chairs Block Club student meetings; carries a vote in the event of a tie; oversees vision and direction of club; plans the year’s spirit events including annual grade 8/9 indoor track meet; serves as a member on the school’s Athletic Board; assists in JO Athletics awards and recognition
– Vice President – assists the President in their responsibilities and leadership; assumes the roles and duties of the President in the event the President is unable to do so; acts an an alternate on the school’s Athletic Board; assists in JO Athletics awards and recognition; liaises with the school’s Officials Club
– Secretary-Treasurer – maintains financial records and budget of the Block Club as well as cumulative records of Block Club points accrued, assists in the planning and staging of athletics awards, recognition, and blocks; maintains minutes of meetings and assists in any administrative work of the Block Club
– Boys Rep/Girls Rep – act as a liaison and represntative between student-athletes and the Block Club, as well as with larger issues that fall under the John Oliver Athletics Program