Career Life Connections (CLC) 12 is intended to support and guide students in purposeful and ongoing career-life development. In this course students learn how to recognize and cultivate relevant opportunities and supportive relationships, and continually re-evaluate and revise their plans that they began in Career Life Education10. Emphasis in CLC 12 is put on students developing self-awareness and becoming life-long learners who understand that one’s interests may develop and change over time, but that being continually aware of one’s self-identity will shape current and future career and life choices.
CLC 12 / Capstone is MANDATORY for graduation.
Please note that information, reminders, and updates will be posted using the following modes of communication:
- CLC 12 Teams
- CLC 12 Blog
- MyEd contact email AND email@example.com email
You are responsible for checking your MS-Teams account and your email on a consistent basis.
Career Life Transition Plan
- Resume (current and error free)
- Preparation of Capstone Project Proposal
- Post Secondary investigation
- Progress Meeting for Capstone Project
- Complete Capstone Project and prepare presentation
- Career Life Exploration 30 hour requirement log and signed verification form
- Capstone presentations
Career-life Exploration 30 hour Requirement
Students must provide evidence that they have completed at least 30 hours in any of the following ways:
- 30 hours of volunteering in the community (this is separate from volunteering in the school)
- 30 hours of paid employment
- 30 hours of field work, entrepreneurship, or projects focused on an area of deep interest.
- Extra 30-hours completed through their Work Experience program
(NOTE: any hours that you have completed after completing Grade 10 can be used to fulfill this requirement.)
Interim report card November 18 – 24, 2020. Mid-Year report card February 4 – 10, 2021. Final report end of June. Final mark based on ALL work for this course. All assignments worth 40% and Capstone project and presentation is 60%.
At any time during the year, an I (incomplete) standing will be issued if you are not up-to-date with the submission of the required assignments.
CLC 12 TEACHING TEAM
- D. Bylsma (firstname.lastname@example.org) Room 336
- T. Quan (email@example.com) Room 137
- M. Waterman (firstname.lastname@example.org) Room 149
Teacher availability — to be discussed during our meeting times
NOTE: For more information on Ministry curriculum and guidelines, visit: