Eric Hamber Secondary School
|5025 Willow St.
Vancouver, BC V5Z 3S1
Teaching Schedule and Office Hours
|AP Physics C
|Available by appointment
|Lunch and FIT
|AP Physics 1
|Available by appointment or if you come before I leave
If you are absent for a class, you must bring a note signed by your parents indicating the date on which you were absent and the reason for your absence. Notes must also include a contact phone number where the parent may be reached. Unexcused absences may result in a zero for any work missed.
Any work missed at the beginning of class can be made up for no deduction in marks only if a note is presented with a legitimate excuse.
Assignments which are handed in past the due date will receive a 10% deduction of marks per day. Late work must be turned in before the marked assignment is returned to the class.
Missed Test Policy
If you are away on the day of a test, your parent or guardian must email me directly with a return phone number before 3:00 pm of that day. Failing to do so will result in a 20% penalty in marks (even when you bring a note). You must request to write the test the day you return. If you know ahead of time that you will miss a test (e.g. field trips), you must arrange an alternate test time in advance. In some cases, the missed test will be omitted with its weight added to the cumulative Final Exam. Unexcused absences will result in a zero for your test.
You can review tests during class review sessions or by appointment if class time is insufficient. Removal of an exam from the classroom for any reason or copies of the exam by electronic or other means will be handled according to the school’s policy on cheating.
It is your obligation to inform yourself of the applicable standards for academic honesty. You must be aware that standards in this class may be different from those in other schools or classes. If you are in any doubt as to the standard of academic honesty on a particular assignment, then you must consult with me as soon as possible, and in no case should you submit an assignment if you are not clear on the relevant standard of academic honesty.
Cheating, which may include, but is not limited to:
- use of or participation in unauthorized collaborative work
- use or possession in an examination of any materials or devices other than those
permitted by the teacher
- use, possession, or facilitation of unauthorized means to complete an examination (e.g.
receiving unauthorized assistance from another person, or providing that assistance)
- obtaining or providing information concerning all or part of an exam prior to the exam
- altering test answers after submission for grading, altering grades after that have been
awarded, or altering other academic records
Disciplinary measures which may be imposed, singly or in combination, for academic misconduct include, but are not limited to the following:
- a failing grade or mark of zero on the assignment or in the course
- contact of parents/guardian by the administration
- suspension from the school
- suspension, cancellation, or forfeiture of any scholarships, bursaries or prizes
- suspension, cancellation, or forfeiture of any reference letters from staff
- a notation of academic discipline on the student’s record