The KidSafe Projects Society is looking for student volunteers to help out during Spring Break from March 19 to March 29, 2018. This successful program was founded in 1983 by the Vancouver Sun newspaper, concerned citizens, and Vancouver School Board teachers and principals. KidSafe provides a nurturing safe haven for inner-city children when schools are traditionally closed. Each weekday during Winter, Spring and Summer Breaks, KidSafe keeps school doors open at six elementary schools to provide, fun and learning opportunities to 340 children and youth.
They are looking for 3 different volunteering positions:
- Activity Leader Assistants (60)
- Food Coordinator Assistants (3)
- Photography Assistant (10)
Some important dates to consider:
- Application deadline is Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
- Criminal Record Check deadline is Monday, March 5, 2018.
- Volunteer Orientation (1 hour) is Thursday, March 15, 2018.
For full description of duties and instructions to apply, click on the following links:
- Career Prep – KS Volunteer Career Prep Application Form
- KidSafe Volunteer Opportunities Info – Spring 2018
- Volunteer Criminal Record Check Form (The KidSafe Project Society Info Included)
- Activity Leader Assistant Volunteer Posting – Spring 2018
If you have any questions, please contact Jack Waldie, Coordinator of Programming and Community Engagement at email@example.com or call 604-441-7394 or see your Work Experience Teacher.
Note: District Office is not involved in the selection process for this program.