Vancouver Aquarium is offering the following work experience opportunities during the Winter Break:
- AquaCamps Educator
- Gallery Interpreter – positions will start during the weekends in December
- Winter Gallery Assistants – positions will start during the weekends in December
For complete description of duties, click on the link Youth Work Experience – Winter Break 2017 Opportunities.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Winter Break 2017 Application” and include the following details in the body of the email:
- First & Last name
- A paragraph of interest (4-5 sentences) about why you are interested in the position.
Deadline to apply is Sunday, November 5, 2017. All interested students must attend the group interview on Sunday, November 12, 2017. Times will be confirmed with students by November 9, 2017. If selected you must attend both mandatory training days – Core Training and Specific Training.
If you have any questions, contact Zoë Jackson, Coordinator, Volunteer Services & Youth Programs at Zoe.Jackson@ocean.org or call 604-659-3478 or see your Work Experience Teacher.
Note: District Office is not involved in the selection process for these positions.
KidSafe is once again looking for student volunteers to help out during the Winter Break from December 27, 2017 to January 5, 2018 (excludes weekends & January 1st). This successful program was founded in 1983 by the Vancouver Sun newspaper, concerned citizens, and Vancouver School Board teachers and principals. KidSafe provides a nurturing safe haven for inner-city children when schools are traditionally closed. Each weekday during Winter, Spring and Summer Breaks, KidSafe keeps school doors open at six elementary schools to provide, fun and learning opportunities to 340 children and youth.
The volunteer process includes the following:
- An application form (with cover letter and resume)
- An intake interview
- An orientation (as going to Queen Alexandra can be a challenge for some students, KidSafe will be happy to run group interviews with students at their school, provided that there are a minimum of 5 students for the interview)
- A completed Criminal Record Check. All students must complete and receive their Criminal Record Check clearance before the start of their placement.
- Application deadline is Friday, October 27, 2017.
For full description of duties and instructions to apply, click on the following links:
If you have any questions, please contact Jack Waldie, Coordinator of Programming and Community Engagement at email@example.com or call 604-441-7394 or see your Work Experience Teacher.
Note: District Office is not involved in the selection process for this program.