Simon Vu Grade 12 student
I got this recipe from this link http://allrecipes.com/recipe/classic-peanut-butter-cookies/. I really enjoy this recipe because it’s really simple to make, with simple ingredients that most households have and you can change the recipe to your liking. I we can’t forget the most important part it’s an extremely yummy treat for everyone. I should know I enjoy it, my brother did and his girlfriend. So if you ever try to make this simple and tasty treat be sure to share it with everyone you know because they will love it.
Preparation time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
I know why so long but after mixing the ingredients together you will have to chill the mixture for at least 1 hour but preparing and mixing the ingredients is really simple.
Product : Will approximately make 4 dozen cookies but depends on how you portion them.
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- Cream together the white sugar, brown sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs with the sugars and butter mixture
- In a separate bowl sift flour. salt, baking soda and baking powder
- stir in the batter and mix till you can’t see any flour
- Put the batter into the refrigerator for 1 hour
- After 1 hour take the batter out and pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees farenheit
- roll the mixture into 1 inch balls and put them on a baking sheet
- Use a fork to flatten the cookies to make a criss-cross pattern
- Put cookies in the oven for 10 minutes or until they turn golden brown
PDF Link: Peanut butter cookies