Alex Lee – Grade 12 David Thompson Student
Yes, that’s right, cupcakes. Who doesn’t love cupcakes? If you for some reason don’t, I want you to know I’m eternally judging you. Nah, I’m just joking, but seriously, how can you not love cupcakes? ANYWAYS, you saw correctly, the ULTIMATE chocolate cupcake. Well it’s not really the ULTIMATE but it’s pretty darn delicious. I don’t bake a lot but when I do, I LOVE making cupcakes, especially the chocolate flavour kind. These cupcakes were the very first baking good that I ever made so it has a special place in my heart. Not only did seeing how well my first creation came out made me happy but when my friends said that they really liked it, it made me ecstatic. Now back to present, I don’t have much time to bake or cook at all but when I do, I would make these cupcakes. Why am I so obsessed with making these cupcakes you might ask? Well, not only are they easy to make but they are also simply delicious! I mean, what can you go wrong with mixing chocolate and cupcake?
Now here’s what you have all been waiting for: THE RECIPE FOR THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES. Drum roll please.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Creates around 16 large cupcakes.
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 cup Cake Flour
- 1/4 cup Margarine
- 2 Large Eggs (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 /2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In one bowl, cream together sugar and margarine and then add the vanilla extract
- Add in eggs, sour cream, oil, and milk to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. (It’s best to sift the cocoa powder)
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while mixing. Mix until smooth. Be careful not to over mix!
- Line up the muffin sheets with paper liners and fill each space with the cupcake mixture. It’s best to use a portion scoop/ice-cream scoop.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the muffins when they’re finished baking and sprinkle icing sugar over it for decorations.
Aaaaannnnndddddd here you go! One of the best cupcakes you will have ever taste, maybe even the best! If you enjoy this, share this with all your other friends so they can enjoy it too!