I enjoy eating. Whenever i am hungry, i am always rummaging through my fridge or rummaging through my pantry; usually all i find are moldy bread crumbs or expired jars of sauce. Being a student, it is difficult to find cheap delicious snack eats that are also convenient. Trying to decide on a healthy snack that is also delicious, I composed this recipe after looking through many different examples. This recipe for protein bar is not only cheap but also quick to make with just a few ingredients that one may find in the house; the best part is that it requires NO BAKING/COOKING.
Quick ‘n Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Bars
2 cups of quick oats 2 Tbsp of unsalted peanuts
1 cup of protein powder 2 Tbsp of dried cranberries or rainsins
3 Tbsp of peanut butter 2 Tbsp of honey
1 Tbsp of Nutella or use real cocoa powder Approx. ¼ cup of rice milk or almond milk
(Creates 8 bars)
1. Mix all the dried ingredients in a large metal mixing bowl (quick oats, protein powder, peanuts,
2. Mix all the wet ingredients together in microwaveable bowl (peanut butter, nutella, honey, rice
milk) and microwave on high for 30-45seconds till the mixture becomes soft and creamy
3. Mix the wet ingredients thoroughly till it becomes a soft consistency and till the colour becomes a light
4. Pour in the wet concoction into the dry mix. Stir in and fold the mixture evenly till all the dry
ingredients clump together; the mixture should be quite tough but still manageable
5. Find a container with a flat bottom and put wax paper in it. Press the mixture onto the bottom so it
should be an inch thick. Flatten it by pushing it down evenly so it fills every gap and corner.
6. Refrigerate the mixture for at least 20minutes to ensure the mixture has hardened. 30 minutes is
7. After 20 minutes, take it out of the fridge and take the mixture out
. Cut it in half 3 times so you will
get 8 even bars.
Coming out to approximately 320 calories and 29 grams of protein per bar, it is a better alternative than eating a bag of chips or eating a Hershey’s chocolate bar. Even though it may seem to be a lot of calories, it is extremely filling thus, can you fill you up more than eating a bag of Ruffles potato chips; its protein content in it is also extremely beneficial for muscle building and energy source hence you will never feel guilty eating one, knowing that is has nutritional value. Try this recipe for yourself and enjoy making it!