By Alex Huang
When I’m out with friends or by myself I usually eat some pasta. I would occasionally order lasagna, or mac and cheese, but my favorite would be spaghetti. Since I come from an Asian background, we don’t really have tools, or ingredients from the western cultures. So how did I get the idea of making this? Well it all started when I was in my kitchen making a sandwich, wondering what kind of recipe I would cook. Since I lacked in utensils, and ingredients I had to make a dish with whatever I had. So i grabbed all I needed from my fridge and began cooking. Fortunately no one in my family who ate it got sick and enjoyed the meal.
preparation time: 10 mins cook time 25-40 mins Total Time: less than 1 hour
Recipes 3 servings
- 1/2 union, finely diced
- 2 hotdogs chopped
- 150 grams ground beef
- 400 ml tomato sauce
- 200 grams spaghetti noodles
- 10 ml salt
- 10 ml vegetable oil
- 8 cups of water
- 30 ml ketchup
- 30 ml BBQ sauce
1) Fill a large pot with 8 cups of water. Add the salt, and vegetable oil into the water. Boiling on high heat until you see bubbles rising.
2) Once the water begins to boiling, add spaghetti noodles into the water.
3) Check noodles occasionally until Al dente.
4) When noodle are Al dente, drain noodles in a colander and pour them into the sauce. (optional) You can save a bit of the starchy water to add into the sauce if it’s too thick.
5) Mix together spaghetti and the meat sauce and serve warm.
1) While the noodles are cooking prepare the dry ingredients of the sauce, on med-high heat cook ground beef until fully cooked through.
2) Add in unions and cook until it starts browning
3) Add 2 chopped hot-dogs and stir to mix ingredients.
7) Once mixed together add in tomato sauce, ketchup, and BBQ sauce all together.
8) Stir until mixed, add extra seasoning if needed, and add noodles when finished.