Han Zhang – Grade 11 Student
Everyone loves pizza! It’s easy to eat, not too fancy, and leaves no mess to clean up! Every one of us has had those days where we’ve forgotten to bring a lunch, and with only a couple of dollars in our pocket, what can we buy? PIZZA! It’s cheap and yummy! Great for parties with friends and family gatherings. My friends and I really enjoyed making this together, so here’s the recipe to our delicious pizza so you can make it for your own loved ones! Enjoy~
Preparation time: 20 minutes Total time: 1 hour
Makes 2, 15-inch thin crusted pizzas or 1 thick crusted pizza
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (Credit: Breadman Bread Machine)
1 1/3 cups water (80°F – 90°F)
¼ cup olive oil
1½ tsp. salt
2.½ cups bread flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2. tsp. bread machine yeast
1. Measure ingredients into bread pan in the order listed.
2. Insert bread pan securely into baking chamber; close lid.
3. Select dough. Press the Start button.
4. The complete signal will sound when dough is done.
6. Invert a large mixing bowl over dough and let rest for 10 minutes.
7. Divide dough in half. Set one half aside and keep covered.
8. On lightly floured surface, roll out half of dough to fit
prepared pan. Top with desired topping ingredients such as sauce,
cheese and vegetables.
Suggested Toppings ( You may adjust this to your preferences!)
• 2 Cups Tomato sauce (puréed)
• 2 Cups Cheddar, Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese, shredded
• 2 Cups Mushrooms, thinly sliced
• ~15 large slices Pepperoni or Ham
• 1 Cup Pineapples (chunks)
• Med size bell pepper (diced)
1. First spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the surface of the rolled-out dough
2. Sprinkle with any choice of cheese, I used around ½ cup of shredded cheese
3. Add your desired meat (i.e Ham or Pepperoni)
4. Then add desired toppings (i.e Pineapples, bell pepper)
5. Finish it off with another ½ cup of shredded cheese
6. Bake in preheated oven at 425 ºF for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden and cheese is bubbling.
7. Share with your friends and family and enjoy~