Jenny He – Student
Who can resist the temptation of cool, creamy, and soft coconut pudding on a sizzling hot day? This dessert is very popular in Hong Kong and it is found in most Chinese restaurants. I remember as a kid I would always anticipate entering the house and seeing a batch of freshly made coconut pudding sitting on the dinner table ready for me to devour. It felt very refreshing especially after spending a long day outside in the sun. This easy, quick and delicious pudding is suitable for all four seasons and will always have you wanting some more!
1 tbsp. pure gelatin powder
200 mL hot water
400 mL Premium Coconut Milk
100 mL Evaporated Milk
4 ½ tbsp. rock sugar
2 tbsp. Shredded coconut (optional)
*rock sugar can be substituted with ¾ cup of sugar
Prep time: 15 minutes
Chilling time: approximately 2.5 hours
Yield: 2 servings
- Using a medium size bowl, dissolve 4 ½ tbsp. of rock sugar in 100 mL of hot water.
- Add in 400 mL of coconut milk and 100 mL evaporated milk into the dissolved sugar. Stir and mix thoroughly.
- Dissolve 1 tbsp. of gelatin powder in 100 mL of hot water in a separate bowl. It may take a few minutes for it to become fully dissolved.
- Add the dissolved gelatin powder into the mixture of sugar, coconut milk evaporated milk prepared in step 2.
- After the mixture has been well mixed, pour it into mango pudding cups or a container.
- Refrigerate until it is set.
- (optional) Spread shredded coconut onto pudding to enhance flavour.
PDF download: coconut pudding