Dear Jr. LINKS students and families,
This is the last weekly letter of the 2019/2020 school year.
Congratulations! We have concluded our first ever Jr. LINKS remote learning adventure. I would like to first say thank you to all of you wonderful parents/guardians for your support of our students during remote learning. I am sad that we could not be in the classroom for the entire ten months, but I did enjoy our interactions on Teams and I am very impressed with our students and families’ ability to adapt and your participation with remote learning. This has been a challenging and unprecedented learning experience. May I also add that it has also been FUN? I am glad we were able to reconnect with half our class on site in June and enjoyed our fun walks and lunches together.
Friday June 19th was the last day of formal instruction. This week’s focus is locker clean up and finishing up and submitting final assignments to teachers. Please see attached the school calendar for year end procedures and my on-site schedule for this final week. Leigh will have her own schedule, please connect with her directly for details.
- Van Tech Year End Procedure June 22-26
- K.Shen On-site schedule June 22-23
- LUNCH pick up is still available for ALL students up to and including June 26th, 2020 from 11:30-1PM
If you need to connect with a teacher this week, please make sure you make an appointment as this week each teacher will be working on their own flexible on-site schedule. Here are somethings teachers are working on:
- Marks completion
- IEP reviews/case management
- Help collect items returned by students in the cafeteria
- Prepare room for deep cleaning by storing items and clearing surfaces
- Help with or attend Grad ceremonies
- Return work to students
- Work with students handing in last-minute work
- Complete the year-end checklist – emailed later today
- Complete any school accounting
NB: If you will be onsite this week, please bring a backpack or sturdy bag to take home all personal belongings including items kept in Lockers and Room 311. Please ensure to return any textbooks, materials to your teachers and LIBRARY BOOKS!
What will school look like next year? We don’t know until closer to the date. Please know that I will update you as soon as I find out. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com.
Thank you and have a great summer!
Ms. Shen and Leigh