|Planning 10 & Art|
Ms. Best (email@example.com)
Eric Hamber Secondary School, 5025 Willow Street, Vancouver, B.C. V5Z 3S1, Phone 604-713-8927
|Planning 10 will help you continue the development of skills you will need to become self-directed individuals. This course will help you to set goals, make thoughtful decisions and provide you with practical skills to continue your education, employment, finance and personal health development.|
|Students taking Visual Art 10 will develop a working knowledge of the Elements and Principles of design through creative exploration of a variety of mediums. Responding to art and discovering a variety styles and artists will inspire students towards a general appreciation of art. Students will begin to perceive and respond to images with an awareness of the sources, techniques, and strategies used towards their development and design.|
|Key Topics will include:|
· Personal Health
· Skills Development: Drawing, Painting, Collage, Bookmaking, Papier Mache, Remixing, Fiber Arts, Public art and working with a of variety of other mediums.
· Design: Elements and Principles of Design, Colour Theory.
· Art History: Discussing relevant artists and art movements
· Art Criticism: Developing visual arts vocabulary to facilitate analyzing and appreciating your own art and that of others.
|Daily Supplies needed:|
|· Binder (with paper)
· Pens and Pencils
|· Employability 20%
§ This mark is determined by performance in the following areas: attendance, punctuality, responsibility, cooperation, Teamwork, initiative, adaptability, organization, problem solving, and productivity.
· Course Work 80%
§ This mark may include but is not limited to the following: quizzes, tests, note book projects, presentations, reflections, journals, work sheets, presentation, research, written summaries, self portraits, contributions to class and small group discussions, home work, and essays.
|· Create a Positive, Respectful & Safe Environment.
· Students are challenged to be open to a variety of different materials, artist and ideas.
· Assignments must be handed in complete and on time to obtain mark.
· Student attendance, punctuality, and participation essential for grade.
· Students are responsible for making up missed work; obtaining class notes and completing missed assignments. Marks will be deducted for assignment handed in late.
· Attendance is important and will be recorded each period. If you are away you must provide a written note within 1 week of the absence.
· Cheating and plagiarism – please see your agenda for the policy on academic honesty.
· Classroom behavior – students must demonstrate a mature and respectful manor towards their peer, teacher and guests in the classroom.
· Please conserve material and recycle whenever possible.