- Friday, Jan. 26 → student online registration opens at 12:00 AM
- Friday, Feb. 23 → student online registration closes at 11:59 PM
- Friday, Mar. 2 → Vancouver District Science Fair at Langara (students to arrive 3:15pm – 3:30pm); finalists announced at closing ceremony
- Saturday, Mar. 3 → list of finalists posted on vdsf.sfiab.com
- Tuesday, Mar. 6 → registration deadline for GVRSF (consent form + $55 must be dropped off at H.R. MacMillan Space Center by 3:00PM)
- Friday, Apr. 12 to Sunday, Apr. 14 → Greater Vancouver District Science Fair at UBC
Forms & Resources
VDSF 2018 Parental Permission Form | There are 2 forms per sheet. Do not bring these forms to VDSF; keep them in a secure place like any other fieldtrip form.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many projects can my school send to VDSF?
|Number of projects completed by students at your school (includes self-directed projects):||≤ 30||31 – 60||60 – 90||> 90|
My school does not participate in science fair, but I have a student who wants to register for VDSF with a project they did outside of class. What are my responsibilities as their teacher?
You do not need to evaluate the project, but you do need to verify that a) the project is the student’s own work and b) the project meets ethics requirements. You should also have the student fill out a VDSF parental permission form.
If you have any reservations about signing off on the project or would like more specific guidelines, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Can students register directly for the regional fair without participating in VDSF?
No. If you are a VSB student, you must go through VDSF and be one of the finalists in order to be eligible for the GVRSF. There are no exceptions.
Am I responsible for supervising my students while they are at VDSF?
Yes, there should be at least 1 teacher on site during the fair (this can also be divided between members of your department). You will have the opportunity to participate in the breakout sessions and provide feedback.
[Last updated: 11/5/17 4:30PM]