teachers supporting teachers
Both the VSB and the VTF recognize the need to mentor new teachers, experienced teachers in new roles, and teachers in general in their ongoing professional learning.
Our responsibilities focus on both responding to the self-identified needs of individuals and acting proactively by organizing a range of professional learning opportunities. Our work is directed solely by the needs and interests of teachers NOT by Human Resources, Administrators or the Union.
Our work and conversations with teachers are COMPLETELY CONFIDENTIAL.
What We Offer
We are comfortable collaborating with teachers in many areas of teaching including:
- Classroom management
- Curriculum & Planning
- Teaching Strategies
- Self-Regulation Strategies
- Implementing Formative Assessment
- Differentiating Instruction
- Educational Use of Technology
- Increasing Student Engagement
- Accessing Resources – digital & non-digital
- Release time for observation and collaboration opportunities.
We offer a range of professional learning opportunities related to the topics above, many of which are featured on this blog.