False Creek School

Chapter One: 1872 – 1890

June 3, 2015

¬†Hastings sawmill¬†built on the south shore of Burrard Inlet by Captain Edward Stamp in 1865.   “Although he would not live to see it, the visionary sawmill on Burrard Inlet that Stamp started would reign as Vancouver’s first and longest lasting industry into the 20th century, paralleling the history of the developing world of [...]