The school began as two classrooms at Lord Selkirk Elementary (22nd Avenue and Commercial Street). In 1913, the high school program moved to General Gordon School (now called Sir Sanford Fleming Elementary) at Knight Street and 49th Avenue. Enrollment in the high school program continued to climb, prompting the decision to build a new high school. In 1921, the school was renamed John Oliver High School when it moved to its current home at 41st and Fraser.
Copyright © 2017 | MH Magazine WordPress Theme by MH Themes