Deaf-Oral School

1915 – 1920

The school opened March 01, 1915 at a site at Broadway and Clark. In February 1917,  it moved to a new site at East 12th Avenue and Guelph Street, and the next year to the old Baemar School at 1250 West Broadway. In 1920, the Provincial Government assumed responsibility for the school and moved it to Kitsilano Junior High School, and then to 4100 West 4th Avenue in May 1922.

 

school-for-the-deaf1918-4a2post